The Company: At SPR, we believe in providing rigorous, high-quality TA, research, and evaluation, and to improve the well-being of diverse groups of individuals, families, organizations, and communities. Over the past 30 years, SPR has earned national recognition for our work in providing TA for education systems, philanthropy, and public-sector investments in policies, practices, and programs designed to improve outcomes for diverse populations across the country. Our clients consistently share an appreciation of SPR’s ability to engage stakeholders to address problems, take action and inform processes with real-time data to inform continuous learning and iterative strategy improvements. For more information about SPR, please visit our website at www.spra.com.
What We Are Looking For: An Equal Opportunity Employer, SPR is an organization that values a staff with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability and veteran status (EEO/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled).
All candidates must meet all the following requirements to be considered for this position:
- Master’s degree; or bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of relevant work experience.
- Excellent oral communication, writing, and analytical skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and experience serving public sector or education clients.
- Comfort with creating tools, messaging, communications that support planning and large-scale implementation processes.
- Comfort with the collection and use of data to inform project implementation.
- Experience with using Excel to clean and sort data, perform simple data analysis, and develop charts
- Experience with the MS Office Suite and its collaboration platforms including Teams, Outlook, and SharePoint.
Qualifications below are preferred but not required.
- Experience developing and delivering online and in-person facilitation.
- Experience with facilitating/designing meetings and group processes, both virtual and in-person.
- Practitioner or policy-level experience in a public agency or education setting.
- Experience with client management, project management, business/proposal development, and/or reporting.
- Experience with federal grant reporting and management.
- Applied research and/or evaluation experience.
About the Position: Associates at SPR have key responsibilities for working within multiple project teams to implement technical assistance projects and/or research and evaluation studies. Specific duties will vary by previous experience, but may include a mix of the following:
- Managing virtual event registration and platform logistics.
- As part of a team, developing and delivering TA, particularly meeting facilitation, both in-person and virtual.
- As part of a team, planning and implementing in-person or online conferences, meetings, webinars, or other events, including overseeing agendas and logistics.
- As part of a team, developing tools and resources, including components of memos, toolkits, guides, issue briefs, and/or reports.
- Working with project directors to lead coordinate task management and lead small tasks.
- Summarizing and analyzing data for use in reports and planning processes.
- Making written and digital products accessible.
- Contributing to bid and proposal efforts.
- Carrying out other duties as assigned.
The Location: SPR staff members can work remotely from locations in California, Florida, Iowa, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Oregon, Pennsylvania, and Washington state. Employees who live within commuting distance from downtown Oakland California office can also work from full or part-time from the company’s Oakland offices.
Salary Range: $65,000 to $85,000 depending on experience and cost of living in primary place of residence.
Other Information: In this role, you can expect frequent telephone or video conferencing usage; extensive computer use; use of office machines; heavy keyboarding; and occasional travel in which you may need to transport equipment and training supplies up to 10 pounds in weight. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. SPR offers excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, ESOP, 401k plan, PTO, and 6 days of paid professional development time (8 days in the first year).
How to Apply: Apply through our website at https://www.spra.com/about-spr/careers/. This position will remain open until filled.